0 1

Precision-Guided Firearm
« : October 19, 2014, 07:01:38 AM »

FloridaGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant
  • : 221
  • Enlisted
I have been reading a lot about these  Precision-Guided Firearm in the past couple of days. They claim to be using the same targeting  system that is used by jet fighters. If this is so you will no longer need to practice your marksmanship. Because anyone can line up the targeting system and just squeeze the trigger.  I think they will have a place in the future of shooting but they are very pricey. They are priced from $7,500 to $27,500. The firearms is available in the following platforms:

Semi Automatic
  • Precision-Guided Semi-Auto 5.56
  • Precision-Guided Semi-Auto 7.62
  • Precision-Guided 300 WM Semi-Auto

Bolt Action
  • Precision-Guided 300 WM Bolt-Action
  • Precision-Guided 308 Bolt-Action
  • XS1 Precision-Guided 338 LM (Tactical Stock)
  • XS4 Precision-Guided Semi-Auto 338 LM (Hunting Stock)

I see they also have a pair of glasses that connect wirelessly to the firearms targeting system and allows you to fire the firearm with out looking through the sighing system. The grass are priced around $1,000.00.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Re: Precision-Guided Firearm
« #1 : October 19, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »

speedyquad

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • : 709
i have seen these and think at the current price point, they'll only sell to the uber rich guy that will have to have one...just because he can.

i think for the true shooter, hunter, gun enthusiest, we'd pass as it takes away the challenge, which is the fun part.

« #2 : October 19, 2014, 07:51:34 PM »

FloridaGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant
  • : 221
  • Enlisted
i have seen these and think at the current price point, they'll only sell to the uber rich guy that will have to have one...just because he can.

i think for the true shooter, hunter, gun enthusiest, we'd pass as it takes away the challenge, which is the fun part.

Locally I am see 300Win Mag, 338 Lapua Magnums, .50 BMG and some .308 Winchester rifles priced in the $8,000 to $10,000 range. So I am not sure these firearms are over priced compared to the pricing of other firearms locally.

I think these rifles will find a home with the hunting guides especially in Africa and in the mid west. With these rifles the guides can almost guarantee a trophy.
Μολὼν λαβέ

« #3 : October 20, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
Yes. Tracking Point rifles. I wrote some specs on them in my blog at Zombiegear.us back in February 2014 . Here is the link http://www.zombiegear.us/blog/previous/2 . I would love to have one in .338 ..

« #4 : October 20, 2014, 10:35:19 PM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
I can see this happen in the military also, as this csn help, but with all electrical tools they can fail.....

« #5 : October 20, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
No Jasson. These are powered by genetically enhanced gerbils that never sleep and never get tired. They are also wrapped in foil so they are not effected by radiation and have fresh air breathing apparatus permanently attached to their face so they can work in any condition.  Basically we are talking Terminator Gerbils stuck inside of the scope suspended in a liquid that feeds them for 50 years.
 Highest technology imaginable.  ii;).