: Bolt handle rubs scope?!? (...the wrong way)  ( 808 )

0 1

Bolt handle rubs scope?!? (...the wrong way)
« : July 29, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

tapJ80

• Military
  • Sergeant
  • : 30
  • Enlisted
Ok so here is my situation, picked up a Remington 700 (used) and I noticed the bolt handle makes contact with the scope. Not extreme, but can't be helping the optic's functionality.  Was hoping not to replace the rings because give me a good cheek weld (good height). Does anyone have any experience with "spacers" that can be used to alter how the scope sits in the rings (need a millimeter or two only).

Re: Bolt handle rubs scope?!? (...the wrong way)
« #1 : July 29, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
You can fill down the handle a bit to give it clearance, but if you don't want to try that, you might look at taller rings, or a different brand as they might be a bit taller.

« #2 : July 29, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »

tapJ80

• Military
  • Sergeant
  • : 30
  • Enlisted
 thanks

« #3 : July 29, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
The only spacers I have seen is for different sized scope tubes fitting different diameter rings.  Like a scope with a 1 inch tube having spacers to fit .30mm rings. Usually these spaces fill the gap in a complete circle. As far as having a spacer strictly to raise the scope it seems it would probably knock it out of zero from the recoil. Depending on the caliber.  With so many options in regards to rings on the market I say just get a new set. If the amount you need is as small as you say then placing the scope a couple of mm higher shouldn't have that much of an effect on your cheek placement.
 Personally I love swfa http://swfa.com/Mounts-Rings-and-Bases-C573.aspx they do not hassle you on returns. I bought a set of Barrett rings for my Nightforce scope and the ones I ordered were not tall enough. They switched them out for me no problem.  I have been buying from them for years now.