0 1

9/21/13 Grouse Hunting
« : September 22, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
Went hunting today for some grouse, Took and loaded up my ATV with my shotgun and hit the trails. Driving slow, and enjoying the sun. I would make stops and walk in the woods about 10 ft and make the drumming noise. Nothing! Then drive slow on my way back after doing what I was doing before (about 30mins) Bam, Off the side of the trail on the dirt, I saw a bird. So, I Stopped and uncased my shotgun and slowly walked up to it to see what it was, and then I got about 40ft away and shot. I killed 2 with the first shot and wounded one that tried to fly to the left of the trail, and I shot that one, and say one run by the left side of the trail and shot that one. All I got to say is this is the ONLY time I have ever seen 4 grouse in the same area (5 ft). It was an awesome day. I also saw some other animals.

Re: 9/21/13 Grouse Hunting
« #1 : September 23, 2013, 06:46:58 AM »

speedyquad

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • : 709
nice haul...i can't say i have ever seen multiple grouse in such a small area either...

it's been a long time since i have had grouse...i quit small game hunting shortly after graduating high school.  quite often, when rabbit hunting, the beagles would put up some grouse or pheasant.  i like pheasant better but would not turn down a meal of either.

i've thought about getting into it again.  i enjoyed it a lot and the game is better than anything you can buy in a store...

« #2 : November 06, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

James Sullivan

• Sergeant
  • : 27
That is a good day, i find here in Michigan Grouse often are in small groups if one goes up anther is probably about to fly.

« #3 : November 06, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
Yeah, was the same here, but this year has been a bunch of singles  >:(