: Musicians?  ( 1166 )

0 2

Musicians?
« : August 27, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »

Jer66ome

• Corporal
  • : 9
  • Enlisted
Other than weapon lovers,, anyone play instruments? I play Bass, or am trying to anyway. I have a Warwick Corvette 4 string Bass ( German Made of Course) and a Fender T-Bucket 4 string acoustic bass.
Jerome Brownell

Re: Musicians?
« #1 : November 21, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »

Brian_Phillips

• Private
  • : 3
  • Enlisted
I play guitar. I have about 7 or 8 of them, and a Banjo, and Mandolin, which was my fathers. I haven't played for a couple years since I had carpal tunnel surgery that was messed up and now I have nerve problems in my hand.
I have an Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Sheraton, Epiphone SG, Aria acoustic, a couple of other generic acoustics, a Fender Strat, and one or two more I can't remember right now. lol
« : November 21, 2013, 10:29:12 PM Brian_Phillips »

« #2 : November 21, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
Guitar player here.  0_:)

« #3 : July 02, 2014, 05:34:01 AM »

lake1963

• Corporal
  • : 8
  • Enlisted
any suggestions for a starter guitar?

« #4 : July 02, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »

gunforhire

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant
  • : 238
  • Enlisted
i have played drums and guitar in the past, but I really prefer to sing. 

« #5 : July 03, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
Buy the guitar you like that is similar to the guitar player you wish to sound like. A Strat sounds different than a Les Paul which sounds different than a Telecaster.  If you don't like the way it sounds or looks you just won't play it as much.  That doesn't mean you have to go buy a 3000 dollar model to start off . After you decide that check out Craigslist and compare those prices to the used section at Guitar Center.
If you want to play electric jump right to it. Don't waste your time or money playing anything other than what you wnt to play or you won't do it. 
You can find great deals on new starter packages at Guitar center.
I have been playing for a long time. I have 2 full Marshall stacks and 15 electrics, my own Yamaha fully automated digital pa, with JBL monitors and speakers. I have acoustics, electrics, basses, midi setup, Taurus 2 keyboards you play with your feet and a lot of other toys from years on the road and playing for a living.  The picture of me playing is me with a modified Fender Strat with active EMG pickups, double coil in bridge position only. All of my guitars have rosewood fretboards. You can see 4 of my Marshall 412 speaker cabinets in the background.