: Lets see your High Tower Armory P90/22  ( 991 )

0 1

Lets see your High Tower Armory P90/22
« : August 20, 2013, 10:31:14 AM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
With more kits shipping, we thought it would be good for people to share there photos to help you decide which setup you like. So please post a photo of your kit setup!

Here is mine currently setup.

Re: Lets see your High Tower Armory P90/22
« #1 : June 16, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

trboyden

• Private
  • : 2
  • Enlisted

Standard Black, HTA TacPack Pro kit, Green Mountain 20" fluted bull barrel, SightMark Reflex Sight, Ade Advanced Optics Green Laser, Nebo ProTec Tac light, and AR-GEAR co-witnessed BUIS. Basically a fun range toy.

« #2 : June 16, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
Trboyden, looks very nice.  ;D What are your thoughts on the kit?

« #3 : June 16, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »

Zombiemaster

• Administrator
  • General
  • :
    • Zombie Gear
Here is mine..

« #4 : June 18, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »

trboyden

• Private
  • : 2
  • Enlisted
Trboyden, looks very nice.  ;D What are your thoughts on the kit?

Fit and finish are excellent. The bolt release that I got from HTA as part of the Tac Pro Pack was bent, but I was able to straighten it out and it works much better than the factory one (don't know what Ruger was thinking there). Disassembly for thorough cleaning can be a pain, with all the bolts, but probably not worse than similar kits.

Personally I'd drop the fake silencer and remove the plastic that it attached to from the front. It touches the bull barrel and my guess will probably melt over time. Though I haven't put enough rounds through it yet to validate that assumption.

With the 20" barrel, it's probably heavier than some would like, but I think it makes it feel like its a real weapon and not just a toy, plus I think it shoots better and a little quieter than stock.

The BUIS were a must for me for quickly picking up the red dot sight. Without them I'd have to maneuver the rifle all over the place till I got visual alignment on the sight. I wish the rail was 2 - 3 inches longer to give a better sight circle and provide more room for sight mounting.

I think the Tac Pro Pack should be standard issue with the kit. Night and day between the rifle with and without it. With the extended mag release, you don't even really need the mag coupler that comes with the pack (I live in a mag restricted state, no BX25's for me). Also the machined charging handles are a must over the plastic ones that come with the kit.

Two things I would also add to the kit would be aluminum side rails rather than plastic ones (and stand them a 1/4" further out from the body - accessories hit items on the top rail) and a sling harness. Also instead of bolts, maybe try pop rivets? A tool-less disassembly would be awesome. Maybe also a rubberized coating on the black plastic maybe. It scuffs easily.

These are all more suggestions than critique. Overall I think it is a nice range gun. Outside of that, the caliber gets in the way of practical functionality such as stopping power for self defense or hunting. It's a good entry level gun. At some point I may get a Beretta CX4 Storm in .45 for a more practical weapon.