Author Topic: Chaos Extended Quad Rail Install and Review  (Read 885 times)

Chaos Extended Quad Rail Install and Review
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »

Offline JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • Administrator
Chaos Extended Quad Rail Install and Review

Above you will see what is in the package from Chaos for there Extended Quad Rail for the Saiga 12

1) Lower Rail
1) Upper Extended Rail (note you can get with H&K type sights or Titan Top Rail)
1) Hardware Kit

Note: Before starting any mods to your firearm, make use its unloaded and check again!

We will have to remove the stock Saiga 12 handguard

To remove the handguard, you will need to locate the forend screw that hold the forend on the Saiga 12 which  is pictured below

Take a flat blade screwdriver and remove the screw

After the screw is removed, pull the handguard down to loosen it for the firearm. Then pull the handguard towards the front of the barrel

What you will be left with is a stripped front of the Saiga 12

You can now take the Chaos Lower Rail and install the notch into the Saiga 12 receiver

Now, open your hardware kit and locate the large screw and apply some blue Loctite.

Then, install the screw into the front part of the lower rail where the stock screw was located. You can tighten the screw.

The lower rail has been installed.

Next, on my Saiga 12, you have to remove the stock back site off the firearm for the upper rail to fit.

What I did was use a dermal and made a relief cut in the site to make it easier to remove. I don't plan to use the rear site, so cutting it made it very easy to remove.

With the rear site removed, I can now install the top rail. Place the rail like so with the longer end to the back of the firearm.

Now, locate the last 4 screws and apply blue Loctite.

After you have applied the blue Loctite on the screws, you can install them in the top rail. Make sure to snug all the 4 screws then tighen them up to make sure they are evenly tightened.

I have now completed the install of the Chaos Extended Quad Rail.

Review:

With the Saiga 12 imported as a hunting firearm, a lot of people want to personalize it or make them more user friendly or tactical. The Chaos Extended Quad Rail makes your Saiga 12 into a more aggressive, user friendly, and able to mount whatever you dream of on it. You can also add a better sight, scope or red dot.

The fit and finish on the Chaos Extented Quad Rail is almost to good to be true! Everything fit together like it should with no fitting of the supplied parts. The rails are made from aircraft grade 6061 aluminum alloy. The Chaos Extended Quad Rail is coated with hard coat military specification MIL-A-8625 or Type III non-reflective black finish. This coating is very strong and is highly scratch resistant! I tested the finish by dragging the rail in the dirt and small gravel, which made no marks and with a lite cleaning looked as good as new! The rail and hardware weight is 17 oz's, which is more then the stock plastic handguard, but aides in the recoil for the Saiga 12 with an overly heavy feeling.

After a day at the range and over 200 shells (00 buck, slugs, and birdshot) ran through the Chaos Extended Quad Rail no parts came loose and no failures in the rail. I liked the feel of the rail as it does make it a bit bigger to hold which I liked. I did add a rail cover to the bottom rail as it was tearing up my hands before I installed the cover. Like stated above you can add almost anything to the rail (front grip, laser, flashlight, and whatever else you may want).

The Price of the Chaos Extended Quad Rail is $129.95. This is more then lower quality cheaper units, but you get what you pay for. I would rather spend a couple of dollars more to have a better product that I don't have to worry about failing or breaking. Chaos offer great customer service, which is friendly and happy to answer any and all questions you have. If you would like to order your own Chaos Extended Quad Rail or any of there other products, check out there site: http://www.chaosus.com or ask your local dealer.

Rating: 5/5 Great Product

Update:
I have now switched to the Chaos Titan Saiga rail with H&K style sights. The fit and Finish is perfect, and offers a better look. If you can, I would get yours with the Titan Rail and sights.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:52:17 PM by JassonVoorhees »

Re: Chaos Extended Quad Rail Install and Review
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline joe_78577

• Sergeant
  • Enlisted
They are great people. I have had mine for a few years now. I have the hk sights on mine. The rear sight fell off once and lost the ball bearing. I called them up and they fixed it for free.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

Offline joe_78577

• Sergeant
  • Enlisted
Jasson Voorhees you should do the pistol grip conversion next.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »

Offline JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • Administrator
That is in the works, we have a few topic's in the shotgun section. Need to find my grip, and stock I like and get the other parts I need to convert it. I also like the Chaos Sights, and wonder how well you like them? I like the Titan upper rail also!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:44:10 AM by JassonVoorhees »

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »

Offline JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • Administrator
Updated to the Titan Rail with the H&K style sights.