: NSA tracking cell numbers and internet usage  ( 973 )

0 1

NSA tracking cell numbers and internet usage
« : June 13, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
What is your thought about the NSA tracking your cell numbers and internet usage? Do you feel its against there power to collect this data, and what are they doing with it? We want hear your thoughts.

Re: NSA tracking cell numbers and internet usage
« #1 : June 13, 2013, 09:49:27 AM »

Wraith_K

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • : 784
  • All Conquering Hero of His Own Little World
It's complete and utter garbage.  It's not a matter of 'I've got nothing to hide, so why should it matter.'

Look at it like this.  Can I see you bank and credit card statements for the last 15 years?  Do you have blinds or curtains on the windows of your home?  How about I take nude pics of you and then I own all the rights.  I can then share those with anyone I want...  like your neighbors, co-workers, family?  But you didn't do anything wrong so you've got nothing to hide, right? 

It's not just cell numbers and e-mails.  It doesn't look once, then delete's everything.  They save everything.  They will know every phone call you made, every internet search, and every e-mail you've sent, from now until you die. 

But wait.. they are only tracking extremist groups and terrorists right? 
If you are a Christian, you've recently been labeled an extremist.  If you belong to a Patriot Group, or local militia, you are an extremist. Tea Party...Extremist! The definition they set is expanding to cover more and more people.  So if you are not on the list, you soon will be.

Imagine you, or someone you know is doing research for a book, article, homework.. and searches for Terrorist Groups, Terrorist practices, attacks, IEDs, ect.  You've just  been potentially flagged. Now they not only go through all of your stuff in even more detail, but everyone you know.  You might even get a visit from guys driving black SUVs.

This can also be tied to the IRS questions.  They were asking certain political groups for WHO members are and WHO donated to them.  Do you think they will let that just go away once collected?

Nope..   If let them get away with this, they will keep doing pushing the boundaries of our rights..

-Wraith
« : June 13, 2013, 10:25:10 AM Wraith_K »
"My hi point isnt the cutest girl on the block, but shes fun, loyal, and cooks great. i like her a lot. and shes a cheap drunk."  huckl3berry209

NSA tracking cell numbers and internet
« #2 : January 09, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »

Kavomatovlfus

• Private
  • : 2
  • Enlisted
I actually feel sorry for you a little.  You will never know what it is like outside the internet to be appreciated.
Put down the shovel.

« #3 : January 09, 2015, 11:33:44 PM »

speedyquad

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • : 709
i look at it this way.  just being a member of this forum, or some of the anti gun bashing that i have done on facebook probably has me flagged.  i'm sure they know every letter i type.  but then they watch me play call of duty and realize that i'm not a threat...

ok, that was a lot for a little bad joke...but most of it was true.  i don't like it.  i see no reason for them to have this ability.  and i'm sure there would be nothing we could do about it.  that still don't make it right.

i watch a show on cbs called Person of Interest.  it's a good show, a little bit unrealistic at times, but good anyway.  it revolves around a person that created a computer program that he calls "the machine" for the government.  it is an artificial intelligence program that was to be used to read emails, listen to phone calls, etc to determine terroristic threats.  he realized "the machine" was too smart and would be dangerous so he "killed" it for the government.  he uses a toned down version, in NYC, to get the SSN of a person of interest.  then he and his partner an ex cia agent has to determine if the POI is a threat or needs saved and act accordingly.  it makes you wonder how much the government really can do...

« #4 : January 10, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

JassonVoorhees

• Administrator
  • General
  • : 2827
  • Administrator
That's why people wear tin foil hats  <:)=

I live my life the way I feel I should, a good, honest, trusting person who fallows god, works his butt off, and pays my taxes! what more do they want from me, or should I fear?

I would like to learn more about this program that you are talking about, it crazy how far the tech stuff has come......   ???

« #5 : January 10, 2015, 12:24:26 AM »

speedyquad

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • : 709
it's on CBS on tuesday nights, 10 pm in the east.  although it is not exactly a serial, it needs to be watched from the beginning.  they are in their 3rd or 4th season.  we just happened to catch the last half of the first episode and have not missed one since...it's called Person of Interest

i'm with you though.  i pay my taxes and other than going a little too fast every now and then, i obey the law...i may not agree with everything the government tells me to do...but...
« : January 10, 2015, 12:27:16 AM speedyquad »